European Railway Interiors – Sales Director
Manages all facets of European Railway sales of the company, i.e., Selling directly to major OEM Seat Manufacturers and Rail companies, devising and implementing sales and marketing strategies, forecasting sales, customer relations, supervising sales personnel, relations with independent agents, field and in-house training, qualifying company agents, employees, and programs in various territories or countries. Reports to the Executive Vice President Global Sales.
- Sales and Management – Perrone Railway Division
- Sell direct to the major Rail Customers in Europe including Seat OEM’s and Rail manufacturers and interior designers.
- Maintain and create existing and current key account contacts and book of business.
- Oversee, coordinate, motivate, mobilize and lead the European sales team efforts.
- Direct sales personnel activities including recruitment, selection, development and evaluation.
- Establish territories, customers, call plans, quotas, and goals.
- Develop strategies and tactics to secure sales and grow market share.
- Implement sales and marketing plans, metrics, tools, policies and systems to align sales team activities with company goals.
- Participate in sales agent activities including recruitment, selection, development and evaluation.
- Drive use of Salesforce.com as a sales management and reporting tool monitoring activity and sales to goals/targets.
- Sales and Marketing Plan
- Develop strategic action plans for key accounts, markets and territories based on metrics, market research, competitor analyses, customer requirements, industry trends and other applicable factors.
- Work with Supply Chain Manager for forecasting of raw material based on market.customer demand.
- Liaise with Project Management, Production and Customer Service to monitor order status and on time delivery.
- Establish key account criteria.
- Identify key accounts, territories and overall customer base and assign coverage.
- Define market opportunities and threats within defined accounts and territories.
- Manage sales team efforts to execute strategic actions and tactics to secure opportunities and mitigate threats within key accounts and territories.
- Forecasting metrics to track, define, quantify and qualify opportunities and establish sales projections.
- Key account definition and qualification criteria.
- Customer call schedules.
- Customer call report format and content.
- Data input with CRM systems.
- Communications alignment between the sales team and other departments.
- Competitor database.
- Customer Relations
- Establish and maintain relationships with key accounts and strategic partners.
- Visit key accounts and assist sales team in maintaining relationships.
- Assist with negotiations, presentations visits, etc. to secure sale
- Quotes and Proposals
- Act as a liaison with all departments including engineering, operations, marketing, legal and contracts for appropriate pre and post award activities.
- Support proposal efforts for product and commercial content.
- Trade Shows
- Attend various trade shows, acting as a liaison between employer and customers.
- Understand and present commercial, technical and value aspects of all product lines.
- Company Policy and Procedures
- Enforce and adhere to company policies and procedures including quality, safety, and environmental.
Education/ Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years Sales Management experience in the Rail Industry. Preferably in Rail Interiors.
- BS of European Equivalent Degree or higher in related field.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Organizational skills.
- Management skills.
- Attention to details.
- Satisfactory company work records, including attendance.
- Salesforce, MS Office experience, spread sheets, data entry and E-mail.
Position will be based in Europe.
Position reports to: Executive Vice President of Sales.